I learnt this recipe years ago from my neighbour and over the years added my own variations. Hence the name :-
MY SPECIAL SHAHI PANEER
1. To be boiled together with one cup water:
2. Paneer 150 gms cut into 1″ pieces
3. Onion. 1 grated
4. Red chilly powder. 1/2 Tsp
5. Sugar. 1 Tsp
6. Butter. 1 Tbsp
7. Kasuri Methi. 1 Tbsp
8. Oil. 2 Tsp
9. Fresh cream/ malai. 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Boil tomatoes, carrot, ginger, garlic and onion with one cup water in a pressure cooker to give
5. Add red chilly powder, paneer and kasuri methi and sauté lightly.
6. Pour the tomato purée over this.
7. Add salt and cook till sauce thickens.
8. Decorate with smoothly beaten malai and serve hot with naan/ tandoori roti/ pulao.