Fresh Banana Choco chip Cake
3 cups Flour (maida)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (dal chini)
1 teaspoon ground ginger powder ( sonth)
½ teaspoon allspice (garammasala)
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter – for a healthier option substitute with ¾ cup refined or preferably olive oil
1 ½ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
4 large eggs
2 ½ cups of very ripe bananas mashed – 6 medium sized bananas will do
1 cup semi- sweet chocolate chips
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, all spice and salt together
2. Peel and cut bananas into small pieces in the blender. Blend and keep aside.
3. Put brown sugar and butter in a dish and beat till light and fluffy. I use oil so I don’t beat it.
4. Add one egg yolk at a time and beat till all the egg yolks are blended. You can use an electric beater.
5. Add the vanilla essence and mix.
6. Add the dry ingredients and the banana puree alternately till your batter is smooth.
7. Beat the egg white in a separate clean dish till egg white is stiff and small peaks form when you lift the beater.
8. Take a spoon and gently fold the batter into the egg white. Take care that you actually fold it in gently. Do this till all your batter is folded into the egg white.
9. Prepare a 9 inch cake tin. You can grease it with oil and dust with flour or line with greased paper.
10. Pour the mixture into the pan.
11. Sprinkle the Choco chips on top.
12. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
13. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes.
14. Insert a knife to check it is fully cooked. The knife should come out dry.
15. Cool cake on rack
16. Remove from pan and enjoy.