Baking has always given me pleasure. The recipe I am sharing today is again a favorite with all my nieces, nephews, students, and grandchildren not to forget the adults. I realized that a lot of people did not eat cakes because of eggs. My own mother-in-law would not touch all the cakes I baked so I started looking for egg-less options. Whenever I ate a cake with no eggs I found it was heavier than a cake baked with eggs. So I decided to follow my instinct and came up with this recipe. Again it is a time-tested recipe baked and refined over the years. It is very easy to make and the end result is simply delicious and very very healthy.
All yours to try
2 cups refined flour – I also substitute it with ordinary wheat flour or multi-grain flour
1 cup cold milk
½ cup curd
1cup sugar – measure the sugar before grinding to a fine powder.
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon soda
½ cup refined oil/ olive oil
- Sieve all the dry ingredients together except sugar.
- Transfer all the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Create a well in the center by pushing the ingredients outwards
- Add all the wet ingredients together
- Mix well.
- Take a cake tin and oil it with a brush or your hands.
- Dust with flour.
- Pour the cake mixture into the prepared tin.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Place the tin in the oven to bake for 40 to 45 minutes
- Check if the cake is done by inserting a knife.
- It should come out clean. If it is sticky bake for a few more minutes.
- Remove from oven and invert it on a cooling rack.